Fun Summer Date Ideas that Cost Less than $10
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ah, the season of summer. Everyone loves to be outside in the summer so why not come up with a list of fun summer date ideas that won’t be too hard on the piggy bank.
In Ohio, it is almost like living on a different planet in the summer. People seem so much happier and free. When we move into spring here, it usually rains for a couple months straight. This is after we either get tons of snow or the temperature is well below zero. Yeah, Ohio is great (insert sarcasm). I have been looking forward to summer because of the fun summer date ideas I have been compiling all winter. Some we did last year and some I wouldn’t mind trying this year. Most of our date nights are at home after the kids go to bed and last about an hour, but at least we get to spend some quality time together, right?
Once we hit summer, you see tons of people out and about and they are usually in high spirits. They are ready to let their hair down and just have some fun outside. If you are one of those lucky people who lives in warm weather all year round, I envy you and you have more time to enjoy these cheap date ideas!
Fun Summer Date Ideas that Cost Less than $10:
- Concert in the park: These are usually very easy to find in any area. No matter where you live, there will be a park with free music. Boom. Free is always nice.
- Picnic in the park. Pack a picnic and just spend some time enjoying the weather. There are tons of snacks you can take or you can actually plan a meal. It won’t cost much especially if you are making the food to take with you.
- Go for a hike.
- Go for a run together
- Play a game of basketball at the park (ladies, show that dude who the boss is:)
- Play tennis
- Watch the sun go down together
- Watch the sun come up
- Do yoga together
- Drive in movie. They are usually pretty cheap. Price them before you go.
- Afternoon movie. Afternoons are usually a lot cheaper at the movie theater. This is a good rainy day activity
- Go for a cup of coffee and sit outside
- Go for happy hour at a restaurant and sit outside
- Go to a farmer’s market or flea market
- Go to a local historical site. Check prices ahead. Some have days that offer free admission
- Picnic at home with another couple or do a potluck with a crowd. Each couple brings a dish to share
- Go swimming. Call around to local pools and see who offers admission at low cost.
- Go berry picking
- Visit beautiful trails in your area
- Reserve a book from the library and pick a spot outdoors to read and just be together
- Have fondue night and make it a challenge to keep the ingredients under $10
- Buy a bottle of cheap wine (or 2) and have a wine tasting outdoors. Check out Ebates for deals on food and wine. If you shop with Ebates, you can take advantage of coupons and you get money back by making the purchases through their site. If you want to learn more about Ebates, check it out by clicking on my link or you can check out the tutorial on Ebates.
- Ice cream party. Buy a half gallon of your favorite ice cream and make sundaes
- Take advantage of outdoor church activities
- Have a fire and make s’mores
- Take a mini road trip
- Plan your goals for the summer together
- Go do a dive bar and play a game of pool or darts
- Go to a local high school baseball game
- Make grilled pizza together
- Try a new grill recipe or a recipe from the $5 Meal Plan menu– I signed up recently for the $5 Meal Plan to help me save time planning my meals for the week. The meals are delivered straight to your email inbox with the corresponding shopping list. I really like it so far. The meals are easy to make and affordable. It would be fun to try something new as part of date night. You can click here to find out more about the $5 Meal Plan.
- Go for appetizers and drinks at a restaurant. Check coupons and you can find some great deals!
- Go for a bicycle ride
- Go for a walk at night and look up at the stars.
- Talk about your dreams and goals as a couple
- Have a water balloon fight
- Tackle a DIY project- here is a list of easy things to DIY around the house
- Plant a garden together- choosing just a few plants to start out with if you are new to gardening
- Play some old music and reminisce about the past.
- Bake cookies together
- Visit a winery and share a wine sampler
- Play on a local playground (without the kids)
- Play some board games outdoors
- Research historical sites around where you live and plan to visit one each month during summer
- Dollar Date- go pick out your favorite candy at the dollar store and your favorite dollar themed activity. The Dating Divas have a great dollar theme idea too.
Date nights do not have to be expensive. There are literally tons of fun summer date ideas that probably aren’t even mentioned in this list! Sometimes all it takes is a little creativity and you can totally have a blast with your significant other. I have found that Greg really just likes me to try something that he loves to do. I find that it really makes a difference when I put a little effort into trying something he likes.
For example, Greg is all about pulling out old photo albums and going through them to tell me stories about his past. He has a lot of great memories from his old high school and college days that he likes to share with me. I think because it has molded him into the person he is today. Secretly, I think he feels that he has grown leaps and bounds and he likes to take me back to when he was kind of a dweeb.
Greg knows that 2 of my favorite things to do are cook and take walks. Secretly, I hate when he cooks with me because I like to have total control over my kitchen and he is a messy cook. I just prefer my way of doing things. I like to meal plan using because it saves me time with planning my meals and money on our grocery bill. He tends to be a spur of the moment planner and eater. (That makes me nuts).
I prefer to slow life down and take walks. It is totally free but it gives us that time to connect with one another. Life is so busy having 2 little kids and we rarely get time to just talk just the two of us. When we do, that time is precious to me. We usually just talk about our dreams and our goals, but honestly those moments are really what defines our relationship. We share the same goals and we are both very passionate people.
Taking the time to just spend with your loved one just doing silly things gives you such awesome memories. Dates do not have to be expensive. Make them fun and creative. I hope you find a few fun summer date ideas from the list above:)
Learn to budget like a ROCKSTAR!
Learn how to set up a budget that rocks, stay motivated, reduce your monthly expenses, and leverage your money like a boss! You will learn how to master and create the life you want. There is no need to be stressed about money! Sign up today!