Welcome to the January 2017 Blog Income Report where I let you in on what I actually make from my blog.
Yes, I know you probably think it is weird that I am about to post how much money I make from blogging, but if you check the web, you will see that lots of others post their income reports as a way to stay accountable to their goals. I am doing the same. I love blogging for so many reasons, but I think mostly because it is a hobby that is all mine:) I started a blog as a way to reach out and help other’s with budgeting and finance and I really enjoy writing. When I first started this blog, I had no idea that people actually make money blogging. Now I know differently and I would like to share this with you in case blogging is something you are considering.
If blogging isn’t your thing, no biggie, but I would love for you to find whatever it is that makes you happy and go after it. Life is too short to wish for something that can become your reality. Go make it happen!
How long I have been blogging
I have been blogging for over a year now and I can honestly say that I love blogging. I know it isn’t for everyone, but it makes me really happy to write and help people live more intentional lives. Greg and I had kind of a messy life in 2014 but things have gotten so much better since we started budgeting and waging war on our debt. I love helping people establish a budget that works for them and I love helping out with other things too like health, motivation and helping others find their purpose.
My purpose in starting this blog was to inspire others to become intentional with their finances, health and finding what makes them happy. Along the way, I have learned a few things on how to make money blogging and now I hope to make it my full time job. I love being at home with my kiddos and if you want the same, Momma, you can do it.
I ended up installing a new theme on my blog since rebranding from Frame to Freedom to Simply Intentional Life and I could not be happier with how it looks. I still have a few tweaks to make but all in all I am so happy I chose a different look. I am so excited with the potential of this little blog.
What I did differently this month
I thought about this blogging thing a little differently this month. I created a goal of what I wanted to make this month. I started promoting some companies and apps that I love like Ibotta and Ebates as they are free and I think they would resonate with my audience. I love saving money and these companies are free to use and they save you money. Boom. My kind of programs. Well, let’s just say that it paid off to promote things that I love that may be helpful to others.
January 2017 Blog Income Report
My goal was to hit $500 of income for the month of January through a mix of different types of income streams. Here is the break down:
My Own Products: $6.45
I hit my goal!!!!! I was over the moon when I found this out! I started to have a little bit of a mindset shift this month. I really want to build my blog presence and build my new brand. I love that I am coming into my own a bit and have stronger feelings for what I want to be known for. You will see this more and more as the new blog posts come up.
I also know that I suck at promoting my own products. I was really excited to promote my Simply Healthy Workbook, but obviously I am terrible at it. I plan to rework it a bit and try again soon. I also plan on creating another product in the near future although I don’t know a release date yet. It is something I have been thinking about for a while, I just haven’t put it on paper.
The Tools I Use for Blogging
There are several tools that I use for blogging that I love
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing– the Facebook group and the people in this group are amazing and so helpful. Definitely one of my favorite groups to be part of on Facebook. There is a sale on the course right now and it is only good until later today. It is worth every penny.
- Convertkit. I love them. The email system is so easy to use and I need that since I am not techie.
- Building a Framework. This is by far the best resource you will find when it comes to starting your blog on a budget. You have everything you need at your fingertips with this ebook/resource. Abby’s Facebook group is awesome and very helpful too.
- Boardbooster. I have a love hate relationship with Boardbooster right now. I love the customer service, but I don’t know why my boards get paused and things don’t work they way I think the are supposed to work. For that reason, I am trying Tailwind right now using a Free trial. So far, I like it. I will let you know more once I do my January post.
- Hosting. After a lot of research and hearing great things about Siteground, this is who I would recommend you go with. They seem to be a very popular service and not much more expensive than Bluehost. You can sign up with Siteground for as little as $3.95 per month which would be a fine starting package.
As I mentioned in the last blog income report, I also have been working on personal development and that includes reading more, exercising more and spending each day reading a little of the Bible. So far it is going well. I am currently reading The Compound Effect and I love it! I am exercising 3-4 times per week and I have been doing pretty well with Bible reading. I can’t say I am perfect at any of these as sometimes I don’t feel like going to the gym or I don’t have as much time to read as I would like, but I do as much as I can. My new motto is “keep showing up.” Each day, just do something little that will move you closer to the person you want to be. It all adds up over time.
How to Start a Blog in 7 Easy Steps
How are you doing with your goals this year?
Learn to budget like a ROCKSTAR!
Learn how to set up a budget that rocks, stay motivated, reduce your monthly expenses, and leverage your money like a boss! You will learn how to master and create the life you want. There is no need to be stressed about money! Sign up today!