I turned 32 this year. Yikes. I can’t believe I just wrote that. It seems unbelievable to me that I am 32. I feel like I just graduated college not that long ago. In reality, I have been a Physician Assistant for 10 years. Patients still ask if I am old enough to treat them so I guess that means I must still look a little on the younger side. Anyways, it got me thinking about reasons to step our of what is considered normal. Have you ever stepped out of your comfort zone?
Your comfort zone is the place where you feel you are safe and secure. You feel like you are not taking risks and you feel all is right with the world. You may also feel a little bored or content. There is nothing wrong with this, however, I feel most of us don’t really live up to our total potential with staying in our comfort zone. In fact, life is probably way more challenging when you decide to step out of your comfort zone. In this article, I am going to go over 32 reasons why you should consider stepping out of your comfort zone and living the life you want to live.
32 Reasons Why You Should Step Out of Your Comfort Zone:
- Life isn’t meant to be lived inside your comfort zone. I fully believe this. Life is meant to challenge us in some way.
- It helps us grow. You will have ever changing goals as you grow into the person you were meant to be. The goals I had when I was 18 are not the goals I have now. There is nothing wrong with that. I have evolved as a person and I am sure you have too.
- We begin to truly realize that we have more potential than we thought. We begin to have more faith in ourselves.
- We see that we are capable of so much more than being content.
- We realize that our dreams can come true
- We realize it isn’t as scary as we thought it would be to be different
- Comfort zones are boring anyways. Without goals, life is lived day to day without any element of fun or success. When we live to achieve goals, we realize there is much more to live for.
- We start to accept challenges and face them head on instead of thinking we want to quit when things get hard. Life is hard…period. When you live for a purpose, life gets easier because you know you don’t want to give up.
- You discover the passion in which you born for. God created us all for a specific purpose. When purpose meets passion, life just gets better. You wake up everyday excited instead of tired and depressed
- Life has true meaning. You fully realize where you are supposed to be and what you are supposed to be doing.
- You care less about what others will think and just go with your gut. I have been known to do some really stupid things, but my past does not define my future and I have control over how things will turn out. So do you
- You are able to look back at past failures and realize they were stepping stones to who you are today.
- You then learn from these stepping stones to create your amazing future. You have the potential to do anything at all that you want to do.
- You realize what makes you truly happy. You are able to look back and see what made you unhappy and what made you extraordinarily happy and you decide to be happy.
- You choose how your next chapter plays out. You have so much control over your life that you create your story.
- You realize things your parent’s said were right. Well, some things. You also realize choosing to take the harder path was necessary to becoming who you are now.
- You become more objective and you step back and analyze situations.
- You know that taking a chance to do what you want to do in life is as necessary as breathing.
- It is a full commitment to yourself and the person you have evolved into being. You NEED to live out your purpose so you jump at the chance to live a different life.
- You are able to look at failure as a positive thing instead of a negative. When you get out of your comfort zone, you master the skill of failure and look at failure as nothing more than an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You have more energy to do day to day tasks as you have the clarity of what you really want out of life.
- You are able to find the motivation you need to achieve goals because your goals now have a new perspective. They are no longer something you don’t want to do, they are necessary to move to the next phase of what you want.
- You begin to look at life as seasons. You look at past things that have ended and begin to realize their purpose in who you are today and who you will be in the future.
- Relationships become more valuable. You look at the people who have lifted you up and you truly treasure the time they spent building up your confidence.
- When you move outside of your comfort zone, you begin to see yourself as the person you want to become. You have a clearer vision and it is easier to take steps toward the future you.
- After taking one step outside of your comfort zone, the other steps that follow become easier.
- Your level of self confidence goes up with each step outside of your comfort zone.
- You realize that change is hard initially, but it is the only thing that will get you to where you want to be in life. In order for things in your life to change, you have to change.
- Life becomes more enjoyable. You overcome obstacles that you once thought were impossible.
- You start to hang out with people with similar mindsets and it becomes easier to tackle the hard stuff because they have positive attitudes and help you through a crisis.
- You realize you can have more fun because you don’t have time for the haters.
- Life in general seems more complete.
Stepping out of your comfort zone is often necessary to truly get what you want out of life. The thing that scares you the most, is often the thing you need to do first. It is ok to take risks. The best rewards are from the calculated risks that are taken.
Don’t forget to sign up to the mailing list to get all the latest updates!
Learn to budget like a ROCKSTAR!
Learn how to set up a budget that rocks, stay motivated, reduce your monthly expenses, and leverage your money like a boss! You will learn how to master and create the life you want. There is no need to be stressed about money! Sign up today!